Yorkie Rescue, Rehoming & Adoptions
Yorkshire Terriers needing a home in South Africa
These doggies have not yet found their loving forever homes, please Adopt a Yorkie Today
If you don't find a suitable doggy here for you in your area, please check LittleDoggyRescue.co.za for other small breeds
How do I qualify to adopt a Yorkie?
1. Make sure that you have enough time
2. Ensure that you ready for possible vet bills
3. Apply to adopt a doggy that seems to fit in with your family home
1) You need time to give the needed attention and training to your rescue to help him to happily adjust to his new family. Many times, a rescue process runs amazingly smoothly, but in an equal number of instances special patience and investment is needed. There have been cases where it has taken a couple of years for an abused doggy to finally adjust, relax and truly become part of a family, but we have 100's of happy success stories to tell.
2) Although it may be cheaper to rescue than to shop, please do not let this be your motivation for adopting a Yorkshire Terrier. Adopted Yorkies will at times come with health complications, needing specialised medical care. We will always disclose the health of each doggy as accurately and honestly as possible, but this is no health guarantee, sometimes there are underlying health issues or undisclosed issues by those previously in possession of the rescue dog. You will be primarily responsible for all these costs.
3) It is important to note that each doggy has different requirements for their new forever home. If you do not qualify to home a particular doggy, please do not give up until we find the doggy that suites you best. It will help to note on the profile of the rescue whether he/she is good with cats, friendly with other dogs, house trained and other relevant information that could affect the adoption before you contact us about a particular doggy. After being interviewed and after the home check you don't qualify for a particular doggy, please note that we will still have you and your details on record, but please contact us again when you think you can help a different dog.
Become a Yorkie rescuer
The adoption process is tried and proven, and you can ensure giving the adoption the best chances of 100% success by working along with the procedure for your home check and the surrender of a dog. We take on all the stress and reduce the stress for the doggy and all the parties involved.
Please fill in our Yorkie surrender form in you can no longer take care of your doggy and need to rehome him or apply to adopt a Yorkie. While you are waiting for the perfect little rescue for your family, please follow us on Facebook. You can also download our Android App and be notified first as a Yorkie becomes available for adoption.
We are deeply grateful to all our approved foster parents around the country, who have helped a yorkie in need, and are ready to help at short notice to temporarily foster our doggies, usually when we need more time to find the perfect new home for them. Your service is so valuable to us. You can also qualify as a temporary foster parent, please fill in the apply to foster form.
Thank you to everyone for supporting Yorkie rescue South Africa. The Yorkie is a wonderful doggy for most families and with you sharing our posts helps us tremendously to find the perfect homes each time. If you would like to look at the Yorkies currently available on this website, click this link and choose the province closest to you.
SA Yorkie Rescue
Changing the Narrative, Saving Lives
At SA Yorkie Rescue, our mission is to ensure the well-being of Yorkshire Terriers throughout South Africa. We strive to shift the focus from purchasing Yorkies to adopting and rescuing them, ultimately providing them with loving forever homes. We urge you to join us in making a difference by considering adoption and supporting ethical practices in the pet industry.
The most common phrases typed in when wanting a Yorkshire terrier are: 'Yorkies for sale', 'Yorkie puppy' or 'Yorkie price'. We want this to change this to 'Yorkie rescue in South Africa', 'little adult Yorkies for adoption' or 'adopt a little Yorkie' in need of a good home. 'Teacup Yorkies' are also in high demand. Please do thorough research before buying a 'teacup Yorkshire terrier'. Many exploit this phrase, and when you purchase a dog with them, you could be supporting poor or cruel breeding practices. Please email us with any questions.
Yorkie rescue in South Africa and animal rescue
The SPCA (including animal welfare organisations like PAWS, DARG, Adopt-a-pet and Tears) is a humane society looking out for animal welfare. Animal rescue being their aim. Adopting a dog supports what these humane societies stand for. Still the SPCA has to end many lives everyday and they need help to find appropriate homes for a rescue dogs in real need.
The phrase Yorkie Rescue South Africa is targeted by a few different rescue groups. Please note that we are not "Maltese, French Poodle & Yorkie Rescue South Africa", "Yorkie Rescue SA", "Yorkie Rescue South Africa", but "SA Yorkie Rescue" - yorkierescue.co.za
Maltese, French Poodle and Yorkie Rescue South Africa says they are an NPC pro-life animal shelter in Johannesburg that rescues, rehabilitates and re-homes abused, abandoned, neglected and homeless small breed dogs. All dogs are sterilized, vaccinated and microchipped as soon as soon as they come into their care.
Yorkie Rescue South Africa says that they work in association with many SPCA’s and other rescue agents to assist them in the work they do. Yorkie Rescue South Africa in turn is assisted when they have to close down puppy mills, unethical back yard breeders and puppy brokers.
SA Yorkie Rescue, while assisting animal welfare organisations as possible, works more independently to help individual Yorkshire Terriers, rescuing and rehoming to families ensuring that they continue to get all the love and possible medical attention that they require.
Despite the different rescue groups, our common goal remains the same: animal rescue. The more Yorkies we can help in South Africa, the better. By adopting, supporting ethical breeding practices, and spreading awareness, we can make a significant impact on the lives of these wonderful dogs. Together, we can ensure that every Yorkie finds a loving home where they receive the love and medical care they deserve.